Andoru's Kendo Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

PhD and Kendo

I submitted my PhD thesis yesterday:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've been feeling really blank ever since, though slightly nervous of the examination process. Hopefully the results will be out by Christmas.

Now that I've got some free time...

Three Similarities between Writing a PhD Dissertation and Practising Kendo:

  1. You keep doing the same things over and over and over and over again!
  2. You get really anal with the details;
  3. You are constantly concerned about doing the right things;
My next focus: The Uni Games in late this Month. Will be representing Sydney Uni in the Kyu Individual and Kyu Team events.

While I'll be eligible to grade for shodan in one year's time, I'm actually interested in doing it at the WKC in Taiper next year (a la Mingshi). Well we'll have to see about that.

6 Comments:

  • Hey Andoru, congratulations on completing and submitting your thesis. I am very happy for you too. We can train together more often then.

    By Blogger Vivian Yung, at 9:23 pm  

  • Congrats Andrew!! You can come to our training more often!! Lol..If u want some quiet morning training, come to Sydney uni on Thursday morning....

    There are also many new good bogu people in our club! Your teammates for uni games!! Lol...some of them are "really really" talented....See ya around!!

    By Blogger Scientive, at 2:12 am  

  • Bibian: After seeing the Kendo Nippon video, I definitely am very inspired to train more! I'll be training this Monday at UNSW, Tuesday at Hornsby and Wednesday at SKC. Then I'm off to Melbourne on Thursday to visit my family, but will be back on Sunday. Those crazy kids and their kendo! OMG.....


    Paul: I went to last Friday's training. I was late of course as I was meant to be at work. Friday training at Sydney Uni is going to be regular for me now. I really enjoy training there. And yes, I noticed that the so-called "beginners" are progressing at a very rapid pace! Looks like you guys got a good kyu team in the making!

    By Blogger Andoru, at 6:05 pm  

  • For crying out loud woman, it's NOT pink!!! It'll never ever be pink!!! AAaaarrrrrgggghhh!!

    By Blogger Andoru, at 7:40 pm  

  • Andrew, I think you're in denial. That thesis looks VERY pink to me!

    By Blogger an9ie, at 1:04 am  

  • It's the white balance I swear! ;)

    By Blogger Andoru, at 9:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home