Andoru's Kendo Blog

Saturday, January 29, 2005

We are family!

Ahh it's been a week since my last training. I opted to spend more time with my girlfriend after doing 10 trainings in 14 days prior. The change has been good - I was definitely more relaxed and had more energy.

The dojo was packed out today! Loads of people! Quite a few from UNSWKC too! It's great to be practising with so many people as I get to watch and learn from them. With so many people, I only get to jigeiko 3 times. Oh well....at least I get to jigeiko our new Japanese visitor and sensei who will be here for 2 more months.

Lately I've paid alot of attention in footwork. I found that it's more efficient if the forward movement is as horizontal i.e. parralel to the floor as possible. My right foot tended to go upward as I moved and that might have caused me some speed as well as stride distance. To rectify that I've been doing heaps of footwork in my apartment, with fumikomi too. Thank goodness our neighbour below us haven't made a complaint. ^_^

I think that my men-kaeshi-doh is coming along okayish. The first part of the movement, blocking the men cut is quite natural now. The problem is with the doh cut afterwards - I use too much right hand. Must learn to use more left hand. Must learn from Eiga Naoki!

Lunch afterwards at Black Cow was packed out! They couldn't handle so many of us!

Oh yeah - my sempai Vivian has her own kendo blog too. I learn alot by watching her play. Her blog is at http://shoaku.blogspot.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home