Andoru's Kendo Blog

Monday, December 27, 2004

An (unexpected) source of inspiration

Well it's been 5 days without kendo...and none for the next 7 days at least. I'm iching to train. But for now, mitori-keiko and suburis are all I can do.

I've been watching the match between Chikamoto and Ando over and over again in the hope that I might be able to pick-up better footwork technique, or even a hint or two, from the former. I was side-tracked by a thread in Kendo World where a link to a Japanase kendo club was posted. The club, Wakakusa Kendo Club, consists of primary school kids.

Out of curiosity, I ventured into the video page where a number of videos are hosted. Watched a few of the shiai....these kids have strong fighting spirit! Then I started watching the videos of this kid called Shohei.....OH MY GAWD!! Such excellent basics and fluid execution of waza, all coupled with such strong fighting spirit! That kid could kick alot of my club members, including myself. I am so impressed and inspired! That kid must have worked really hard to get where he is now. Could he be the future All Japan Champ?? We will see! Remember his name: 川田祥平

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home