Andoru's Kendo Blog

Monday, January 31, 2005

Happy 1st Anniversary!

Today I celebrate my first year anniversary in kendo. ^_^

It seems like yesterday when I first stepped into the dojo of Sydney Kendo Club. 31st Jan 2004....such a memorable day for me. I was the only raw beginner then, and my first instructor was Sano sensei. So it's fitting that I visited UNSW tonight for keiko under him again. Tonight's training was meant to farewell Futoshi too.

Though it seems like yesterday when I first started kendo...2004 has been a very long kendo year. Loads and loads of things have happened.

I really enjoy kendo. Out of karate and aikido, I like kendo the best. The ideology behind kendo fits me very well indeed. Besides, I get to make lots of new friends!

My only regret is not to have started kendo sooner. In high school, I remember reading this japanese manga about kendo but I didn't know about kendo at that time. In 2000, I watched the National Geographics documentary on the hachidan grading which piqued my interest but unfortunately I didn't enquire further. Better late than never I suppose.

Anyway...here's to many more years of kendo! Gambate kudasai!! ^_^

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Vivian Yung, at 2:19 am  

  • Happy 1st Anniversary, Andrew! I can't believe you have played kendo for one year only. You have achieved so much during the year. It's unbelievable! gambade kudasai, Prez!

    Looking forward to the next jigeiko with you!

    By Blogger Vivian Yung, at 2:21 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home