Andoru's Kendo Blog

Monday, March 07, 2005

Push, push and push!

Monday 7th March 2005 (Pyrmont dojo):

1 hour of jigeiko. Before I forget, here are some comments from sempai and sensei:

Isaac Bober:

- Don't establish a rhythm. Too predictable otherwise.
- Try not to show body signs that you're about to attack.
- Use more hips to push into the cut

Strenger sensei:

- keep hands down after a men cut

Yesterday's training wasn't aerobically hard. It was challenging that's for sure, but I managed okay. Keiko with Payne sensei was the hardest, but it was also most fun. I found that certain body parts tend to get tensed after a while. For example, the sides of my gluteus were quite tensed - I wasn't able to push as hard or as well. I must learn to relax more.

Needless to say, I slept very well last night. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home