Andoru's Kendo Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2005

The Power of an Osteo/Chiro

Since wearing bogu almost a year ago, I've been plagued by mid and lower back pains and aches from time to time.

It worsened 2 weeks ago. At the kyu squad training jigeiko, I wasn't able to hold kamae properly due to the pain.

So I decided to pay my first visit to A Body Of Work, which treated my sempai Catherine, Taek and of course my friend Natalia. Since they've had experience treating kendoka, it made sense that I ought go to the same place.

I've never been treated by an osteo or a chiro before, and must admit that I wasn't sure if it was going to mitigate my ailments. Apparently the practitioners are well versed in both osteo and chiro - I did feel like I would be in good hands. And good hands indeed - I absolutely love the session! Apparently my spine had been out of line, and maybe pinching on some nerves. She cracked my vertebrae one by one and I felt instant relief! In fact, I felt an improvement in lung capacity right away! Breathing was so much smoother!

Money well spent indeed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home