Andoru's Kendo Blog

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

The spirit is willing but the body is weak...

Had one of those keiko session in which I was not able to do what I wanted to try because..well... the body wasn't up to it. More specifically, it's my legs' fault. I've been able to keep my upper body loose, but the calves in both legs were always tense and filled with lactic acid. I tried different foot positions e.g. lower the left heel slightly, try to main 50/50 weight distribution etc with only limited success. My left calf is usually the one most affected. I don't even know whether this is a medical issue, as in, I'm the only one affected by calves exhaustion, or, my foot positions.

What can I do to relax my calves? Sigh....

Otherwise tonight wasn't bad at all. Yoshi said that I'm doing "almost Japanese" kendo which is fabulous, especially coming from him!

Things to work on: practise more waza at jigeiko; create opportunities using different waza and exploit them; be adaptive to situation; be more efficient with footwork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home